Water Service Line

Be Sociable, Share!

    The main line that brings water into your home is called your service line.
     For most new homes this will be a 1 inch line made of ABS or similar flexible plastic pipe that resists cracking and is considered safe for drinking water. Older homes may have various types of metal lines: Galvanized Steel, Brass, Copper and sometimes lead.
    Important if you find that the line that feeds your home …

    Sump Pumps

    Be Sociable, Share!

      Adding a new Sump Pump to your home is not an easy job.

      Cutting through the floor is the most dificult part but you will also need to drill a hole in the side of your foundation or Rim joist to run the exit pipe through.

      You will need to rent a gasoline powered concrete saw or hire a contractor to cut the floor. For this reason this is not a job for the home owner but if you feel …